Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some more first photos

Below are some more photos taken from that first day.  The ergonomics of the M8 (and the Leica M) are just as great as I expected.  The meter display in the viewfinder with the arrows is extremely easy to use and intuitive.  I was concerned about transitioning to manual focus but it has been a real joy to use.  Much easier than the manual focus canon "legacy" lenses I used on my Pany G1 MFT.  Also, with the distance scale its very easy to pre-focus and then just quickly fine tune the focus when you bring the camera to the eye.  All in all initial impressions were great and the camera is a just a joy to use.  Most importantly I found that after a couple days shooting I realized that I knew WHY a shot each and every frame that weekend (100+ photos).  This was a first for me, but I when I reviewed the shots I knew exactly what I was attempting to do with the camera.  It was all very fluid and deliberate.  Awesome!  I was so excited and couldn't wait to get out and shoot some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment